It may be late, but it’s not too late to find something perfect for your mother on Mother’s Day.
Do it Yourself
- Start with a card – write something meaningful, tell them how much they help you, and how much you need them, and how much you love them. I think the card is the most important part of Mother’s Day – perfect to show them how much they mean to you. Make it sweet, or funny, or a card based on something special to the two of you.
- Bake something – I recommend lemon drizzle cake, which always tastes like Spring to me (and despite the snow we’ve been having it is nearly Spring), or brownies (gotta love a good, rich brownie).
- DO something – be kind, make them cups of tea (or coffee, or whatever really), help out, or if you’re far away from them then give them a ring and just chat to your mum and tell you herhow much you love her.
BUT, if you want to get a gift instead I’ve got you sorted. All of these will get to your mum in time for Mother’s Day
- A really great DVD – if you mum is really into film, or is the opposite and watches very few films, always makes out-of-date pop culture references, and really needs to watch some updated stuff, then a film is a great choice. You could even arrange to watch the film together and enjoy a girl’s night in (with popcorn – obviously). I would recommend Wonder Woman which has recently come out, La La Land, or Mother’s Day.
- Flowers – a staple of Mother’s Day gift giving. You can get some really beautiful bunches and get next day delivery – perfect if you’re running late!
- Something she wouldn’t buy herself but is just a treat, such as Jo Malone’s Lime Basil and Mandarin perfume, or an item you use in your daily routine and love – a gift that is tried, tested, and loved is always a safe bet!